Can you imagine your life without music? It’s almost impossible. Whether we are cruising in the car headed to the beach on a hot summer day or listening to muzak at a doctor’s office, we are constantly surrounded by song. Makeups, breakups, parties, hanging out with friends, singing along with our kids, or caroling a Christmas tune—music stamps nearly every aspect of our life. Much in the way a killer soundtrack accompanies a movie, most of us have songs that accent each phase of our lives, melodies that instantly bring us back to specific moments or memories when we hear them even years later.
Music fans have never had so much choice when it comes to keeping up with the latest music news and releases. But, as always with so much choice, it’s difficult to know which sites are worth reading, and which aren’t.
Whether you’re into Indie Rock, Pop, EDM, or Hip Hop you can find your new favourite music blog here.
We’ve selected a variety of blogs, from industry leaders to smaller more niche publications, and we’ve done our best to group them by genre to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
Never underestimate the power of music blogs in a marketplace where an almost unlimited number of voices are screaming for attention. We look at the Top 25 of the 200 most influential music blogs of 2022, whether you’re trying to find new music to listen to or get your music ‘discovered’.
10 Best Music Quotes
- “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” ― Johnny Depp
- “Music can change the world” ― Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Love is friendship set to music.” — Jackson Pollock
- “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” — Unknown
- “Music is life itself.” — Louis Armstrong
- “Music is the only thing I’ve ever known that doesn’t have any rules at all.” — Josh Homme
- “He who sings frightens away his ills.” — Miguel de Cervantes
- “Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond.” — Ray Charles
- “Music should be your escape.” — Missy Elliot
Music impacts us in ways that other sounds don’t, and for years now, scientists have been wondering why. Now they are finally beginning to find some answers. Using fMRI technology, they’re discovering why music can inspire such strong feelings and bind us so tightly to other people.
“Music affects deep emotional centers in the brain, “ says Valorie Salimpoor, a neuroscientist at McGill University who studies the brain on music. “A single sound tone is not really pleasurable in itself; but if these sounds are organized over time in some sort of arrangement, it’s amazingly powerful.”